Face, Head, & Hair Poses
Up-Do – model holding longer hair up with one or two hands giving the impression of a different hairstyle also slimming waist.
Ear Pull – simply grabbing ear or resting hand at jaw line.
Home Alone – model cups face between hands like the famous pose from the 1990 movie.
Headache – model raising arm to place hand at ear or temple tends to lengthen body and slim waist.
Hair Touch – Simple touch at the ends of hair or hiding hands into hair makes a nice activity for models with nice hair.
Tick Tock – slight or great tilt of the head in one direction for one shot followed by similar tilt in other direction for following shot adds action to expression and can lift hair.
No duck neck – It makes you look short and the whole shot looks unpleasant and disproportionate.
Hand and Arm Poses
Barbie Arms -slightly bent arms that fall away from the body to show waistline making model look slimmer.
Counting Fingers -model with hands together at waist holding fingers as if counting.
Rock-A-By-Baby -model cradling arms as if holding a baby frames composition on waist up shot and gathers cleavage to increase size.
Hands on Guns -model rests hands on top of each hip as if they were on holstered guns.
Grab Handles -model grasps bra or bikini straps for calm or teasing poses.
- Model sitting with knees touching each other, with fingers touching slightly the cheeks/chin.
- Don’t exclude a chair prop while giving a sitting pose. It’s going to give you a powerful looking outcome.
- One leg over the arm of the chair, head thrown back, and face to the camera is playful and sexy.
- Sitting on stairs and posing as a seductress will never go out of style.
- Sit cross-legged and hold one of your knees. Look into the camera and look sexy!
- Very simple portrait pose to start with. Have the model look over her shoulder with her back facing the camera.
- With both the hands above head, flaunting all the curves of your body.
- A glamorous model walk can be an interesting full length standing shot. Throughout the walk, interesting poses can be captured by a skilful modelling photographer.
- You stand with one foot behind the other, hips facing away from the camera, and shoulders turned towards the camera.
- Leaning with the support of a wall or facing the wall, both are extremely interesting and sexy poses if carried out well.